Phoenix Child Abuse Defense Lawyer
Accusations of child abuse are often fabricated or embellished by children for a variety of reasons, and can leave parents and other adults facing serious penalties and a permanently damaged reputation. Fighting these charges is important to ensure that your side is clearly presented in court and that you do not suffer consequences for crimes that you did not commit. Having an experienced lawyer such as Raymond Kimble on your side will help you protect your rights.
Definition of Child Abuse in Arizona:
- Under circumstances likely to produce death or serious physical injury, any person who causes a child to suffer physical injury or, having the care or custody of a child, who causes or permits the person or health of the child to be injured or who causes or permits a child to be placed in a situation where the person or health of the child or vulnerable adult is endangered is guilty of an offense as follows:
- If done intentionally or knowingly, the offense is a class 2 felony;
- If done recklessly, the offense is a class 3 felony;
- If done with criminal negligence, the offense is a class 4 felony.
- Under circumstances other than those likely to produce death or serious physical injury to a child, any person who causes a child to suffer physical injury or abuse or, having the care or custody of a child who causes or permits the person or health of the child to be injured or who causes or permits a child to be placed in a situation where the person or health of the child or vulnerable adult is endangered is guilty of an offense.
Consequences of Child Abuse Accusations:
Charges of child abuse can make it difficult to have any contact with your children or to heal your family in an effective way. You also face the possibility of serving time in jail or prison and facing lengthy periods of time on probation. In many cases, the allegations are part of an attempt from one parent to gain an advantage in a divorce, separation or child custody hearing. The Law Office of Raymond Kimble, founded in 1999, can help you rebuild your life with friends, co-workers and family members.
Protect Your Future and Reputation
If you have been accused of child abuse, Attorney Raymond Kimble can provide you with the level of superior attention, dedication, and representation you need to be successful in court. With over 20 years of experience, Raymond Kimble is extremely familiar with the state laws that govern child abuse cases in Arizona and has conducted a number of felony jury trials in recent years. As an experienced child abuse defense lawyer, Mr. Kimble understands what is at stake, as well as the implications a conviction of this nature can take on your life. Mr. Kimble knows how to prepare a solid defense, challenge the prosecution's evidence and negotiate a reduction or dismissal of the charges.