ARIZONA DUI DEFENSE
Former Police Officer
Former DUI Prosecutor
Twenty Years DUI Criminal & Defense
Call (480) 833-8613
The State of Arizona has enacted some of the harshest penalties in the country for people who are accused and convicted of DUI. Often times, law enforcement officers will concentrate their efforts to identify people they suspect of being impaired to drive a car. During these DUI task force events, drivers will be stopped for many infractions ranging from minor traffic offenses such as an improper turn to speeding or reckless driving.
You will face severe consequences if stopped and accused of driving under the influence. Even if it is your first offense, a misdemeanor DUI can carry some harsh penalties. These include mandatory jail time, thousands of dollars in fines, probation, and the loss of your driver's license. Your chances of a favorable outcome depend upon having an experienced DUI attorney to fight for you and protect your rights.
Consequences of a Misdemeanor DUI:
A DUI conviction can follow you for the rest of your life and will impact your driving record for at least seven years. This can negatively job prospects and obviously cause many financial difficulties. Raymond Kimble understands the implications of a DUI conviction in Arizona, and has represented thousands of individuals dealing with this stressful situation. His previous casework and professional experience as a police officer, DUI prosecutor and DUI defense attorney has allowed him to successfully defend DUI clients in an efficient and aggressive manner. Ray's professional expertise as well as the personal attention and commitment given to each client makes him the perfect choice for legal representation.
Misdemeanor DUI in Arizona:
According to Arizona Revised Statute §28.1381, it is unlawful for a person to drive or be in actual physical control of a vehicle in this state under any of the following circumstances:
- While under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, a vapor releasing substance containing a toxic substance or any combination of liquor, drugs or vapor releasing substances if the person is impaired to the slightest degree.
- If the person has an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more within two hours of driving or being in actual physical control of the vehicle and the alcohol concentration results from alcohol consumed either before or while driving or being in actual physical control of the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is a commercial motor vehicle that requires a person to obtain a commercial driver license as defined in section 28-3001 and the person has an alcohol concentration of 0.04 or more.
In Arizona, a person can be arrested and prosecuted for DUI whether or not they have an alcohol concentration above the legal limit. This is because the prosecutor need only show that a driver was “impaired to the slightest degree” to safely operate a motor vehicle.
DUI Penalties in Arizona:
A person convicted of a misdemeanor DUI as a first time offender still faces severe penalties. These include a maximum sentence of six months in jail and up to $2,500 in fines. Normally however, the penalties for a first time DUI conviction involve:
- 10 days in jail - court may require only 1 day with drug/alcohol evaluation and completion of recommended substance abuse treatment program
- Fines, fees and costs of approximately $1,750.00
- 90-day driver's license suspension
- Probation up to five years
- Ignition Interlock after license re-instatement for twelve months
- 8 points assessed against driver's license and requirement to attend traffic safety school
Call (480) 833-8613Now for a Free Consultation:
If you, a family member or friend has been arrested for a misdemeanor DUI offense in Arizona, it is important that you immediately begin working with a qualified DUI attorney who can effectively represent you in the court of law and take necessary steps to protect your driver's license. A DUI offense requires an aggressive and experienced lawyer who can recognize all of the issues and work effectively to achieve a favorable result. Attorney Raymond Kimble will have a clear understanding of all the circumstances in your case, along with the knowledge, skill and experience to obtain the best possible outcome for you.