Phoenix Weapons Defense Attorney
A weapons crime usually involves the illegal use, sale, possession or distribution of a firearm. However, weapons offenses can be committed with a weapon that is not prohibited by law, such as a knife. Weapons crimes are serious criminal offenses that must be handled by an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Phoenix criminal defense attorney Raymond Kimble has twenty years of experience defending clients against a wide-range of weapons charges.
Types of Weapons Crimes:
In Arizona, a person can be arrested and prosecuted for a weapons crime under the following circumstances:
Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation:
- In the furtherance of a serious offense , a violent crime or any other felony offense
- When contacted by a law enforcement officer and failing to accurately answer the officer if the officer asks whether the person is carrying a concealed deadly weapon
- Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or concealed within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation if the person is under twenty-one years of age
- Manufacturing, possessing, transporting, selling or transferring a prohibited weapon
- Possessing a deadly weapon or prohibited weapon if such person is a prohibited possessor
- Selling or transferring a deadly weapon to a prohibited possessor
- Defacing a deadly weapon
- Possessing a defaced deadly weapon knowing the deadly weapon was defaced
- Using or possessing a deadly weapon during the commission of a drug offense
- Discharging a firearm at an occupied structure in order to assist, promote or further the interests of a criminal street gang, a criminal syndicate or a racketeering enterprise.
Penalties for Weapons Crimes in Phoenix, Arizona
The majority of weapons crimes are classified as felony offenses. Consequently, the penalties for these types of crimes usually involve between 1 and 4 years jail or prison, probation, community service and a conviction on your permanent record.
Prosecutors and law enforcement officials in Tempe and Phoenix have absolutely zero tolerance for people who commit weapon crimes. If charged with a weapons offense, you will be aggressively prosecuted by state attorneys. For these reasons, it's crucial that you consult a lawyer who is experienced in defending against these types of charges.
Contact an Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer
Raymond Kimble has been defending Phoenix, Arizona residents for twenty years and has a long history of success. Those who have been arrested and charged with weapons crimes can look to Mr. Kimble for the experienced legal defense that they need. Mr. Kimble knows how to prepare a solid assault defense, challenge the prosecution's evidence and negotiate a reduction or dismissal of the charges/
With a seasoned Tempe criminal defense lawyer on your case, you will have your rights protected as your attorney fights to secure a favorable outcome on your behalf. Attorney Raymond Kimble has successfully represented hundreds of individuals throughout Arizona over the last twenty years who have been charged with weapons violations.